HOA's & The Law
Homeowner Associations provide an invaluable service to homeowners. The Association bears the responsibility of managing the community’s finances, maintaining the common areas throughout the community and enforcing certain standards in accordance with its governing documents and South Carolina law. By doing so, an effective HOA ensures that each property owner meets their financial obligation and enables each owner to enjoy their home or vacation property.
Every HOA should retain legal counsel to promptly address their legal needs and ensure that the association’s board members’ actions are consistent with the associations’ governing documents and South Carolina law. Because each homeowner association is distinct, with its own rules, bylaws, and declaration, The Neill Law Firm works closely with each association client to clearly understand the issues after reviewing the associations’ governing documents.
The Neill Law Firm can serve as the association’s general counsel and provide your homeowner association with cost effective, high quality representation in the following areas:
• Collection of unpaid assessments
• Enforcing restrictive covenants
• Election disputes and recall petitions
• Litigation against the developer, unit or parcel owners, contractors, or vendors
• Arbitration actions
• Legal opinions regarding interpretation of governing documents or South Carolina law
• General legal representation regarding administration of the association’s business
• Any other condominium or homeowners’ association issue or dispute
Experienced Homeowners’ Association Attorneys
If you require experienced legal representation for your homeowners’ association, please contact The Neill Law Firm at (843) 651-8580 to schedule an appointment.